S-SeriesForum.com  

Go Back   S-SeriesForum.com > Member Section > Member Projects

Old 08-09-2015, 01:15 AM   #1
614Streets
SSF Subscriber*
Resident Irish bastard

Exclamation Alright time to get it out of the Garage

Well I haven't driven it in about 3 years. It's mostly sat for about 6-7 years in the garage. Finally decided to buy a set of OEM silver C5 wheels. Found a nice set on craigs. Rear tires are Nitto something. Anyways. This is my project thread to revamp the truck a bit. So here we go, step one, remove the slicks and skinnies it was one and today I put on the OEM C5's with new billet spacers.

The truck has had polished and chromed c5's in the past.

Speaking of the past...... Man it's quiet in here!

614Streets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
6SpeedBlazer
SSF Subscriber
Partially retarded

Only a handfull of us still here.
06 saturn ion
08 TBSS AWD
6SpeedBlazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 02:00 PM   #3
IntheBatCave
SSF Subscriber*
Needs a new avatar

It's nice to see you back. I've only recently come back myself, my truck has been of the road for nearly four years just sitting in my back yard and I'm part way through getting it road worthy again.

How's the 2.8 running?
Old 08-09-2015, 09:27 PM   #4
lower90xcab
LT1 & LS2 owner

wow I remember this truck from back in the day....
lower90xcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 01:50 AM   #5
FirstGenZq8
SSF Subscriber
ಠ_ಠ

yup this truck was an inspiration for me. i'm glad to see you started up a thread, too. i was worried that all of your posts were just some spambot that hijacked your username.

update your signature as 614streets.com has been commandeered.
FirstGenZq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 05:59 AM   #6
v8sonoma
SSF Subscriber*
waitin' for paint

Wow, this is a serious throwback. Your truck still looks awesome.
v8sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
614Streets
SSF Subscriber*
Resident Irish bastard

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheBatCave View Post
It's nice to see you back. I've only recently come back myself, my truck has been of the road for nearly four years just sitting in my back yard and I'm part way through getting it road worthy again.

How's the 2.8 running?
2.8 runs great. Starts right up.

BTW Rob, I saw your project post. When I get some free time I am going to check the barn at my brothers, I might have a part or two I would like to donate for your truck. I'll check and keep you posted!
Old 08-10-2015, 01:31 PM   #8
chevy42083
SSF Subscriber
H-A-S-T-E

Welcome back. I hope to join the zombie truck group soon.

And yes, it's quiet... but lots of important people still around!

chevy42083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 05:07 PM   #9
614Streets
SSF Subscriber*
Resident Irish bastard

Exclamation

Well it needs a lot of refreshing and finalizing!

So after taking it for a spin with the new wheels, I noticed a heavy vibration at 55+ MPH. I am pretty sure the vibration is in the driveshaft. So I will probably rebuild the u joints and the center bearing and finally install the steel lowering blocks and 2 degree pinion angles that I have had laying around for the last 9-10 years...

The Exhaust is terribly loud and I cant stand it. I have been going back and forth on how I want to quiet the truck up, it could receive a combination of resonator/muffler/pipe extending or the other idea is a rear mount turbo to add another 5 lbs of boost. Haven't decided yet. Been debating this for awhile.

The Jet Hot coating is all but gone on 40% of the headers so I am going to check on a warranty.

A/C compressor needs to go back on it, also waiting on Mabru ( http://www.s10forum.com/forum/member.php?u=58645 ) to sell me this belt pulley set up he used to run on his supercharger, the idea is to try to run this to not only help belt slippage, but so I can run the Air conditioning compressor. The funny thing is he and I have been conversing on the other forum for years about buying this pulley he has laying around somewhere (he sold his 60 degree v6 set up years ago) and he and I were rarely if ever getting online so we kept missing each other or I wasn't ready, etc.

To run the Air conditioning compressor, I am going to try to use brackets I purchased from an S10 enthusiast years ago. They are off of an v6 Camaro with the 2.8 v6.

The rear shocks are needing to be replaced, when I did the one over at the shop the other night I noticed one was so hammered it was seeping oil. So I searched the forums on a couple sites and decided to stay away from the nitro drop and instead I'll probably try the Belltech 9516 - Street Performance Shock Set. Hopefully my spleen will agree, because right now the truck is not a lot of fun to drive, it rides way too rough.

I never really liked the caltrac style traction bars that were on it, they weren't actual caltracs but they were similar in design with heim joints. They work great for slicks and the 1/4 mile, but I want the street ability and fun to drive back in the truck. Something more refined. Maybe eventually I will add another wheel hop device like a low profile caltrac bar.

I will be taking off the window tint and going with a legal tint %. I am too old for a window tint ticket. I'm not a fan of the system either now days. So I will probably add a new windshield and a fresh rear view mirror while I am at it.

The interior is only about 60% finished from the time I removed everything after the interior fire from over 9 years ago, maybe longer , it's been awhile. But the time I had welded in the ext quarter panel patches and an erroneous spark hit the fuzzy carpet on the ext cab back wall. I have all the interior pieces, but I am not going to place the small mini seats back inside, I am pretty sure I tossed those anyway. Instead maybe an amp and one 8" woofer? Hard to say, I have never been a stereo guy.

So I am about to order stuff and get this thread and revamp project going. I also have a fuel leak when filling up full, filler neck area possibly. And lastly the truck left me stranded with a pinned 10.0 and richer AFR yesterday when a small vacuum line split and sent the bad signal to the rising rate Fuel pressure regulator. Little issues like this are everywhere on the truck after sitting for that long.

Here is a picture of the engine currently. The blower and probably the engine will be yanked at least because of an oil leak, and possibly for more upgrades not yet decided.

At the shop last night 8-11-15, doing the one over and seeing many many items to address. $$$$$$

Last edited by 614Streets; 08-12-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:50 AM   #10
TerribleTrux
Love,Peace&Chicken Grease

Awesome truck! Looking forward to your upgrades.
99' S-10 Summer driver, 4.3, Auto, Xtreme rims. Thred
TerribleTrux is offline   Reply With Quote